Friday 24 July 2009

DESIGNER BUM BAGS

ITS OFFICIAL! Bum bags are back a la mode. This time its not the touristy geeks with high waisted chinos sporting these practical little hands-free numbers, its the fashionistas!



Marc Jacob's tongue in cheek bum bag labelled "Marc Jackass". A good thing he took the piss out of himself before anyone else got the chance to.


This flatter fanny pack construction is pretty cute. Minimalist graphics and the silver utilitarian zips makes this style pretty nice. I'm still not sure whether i'm a convertee or not but i would give it a whirl depending on my outfit.


These sporty nike bum bags are lots of fun, they are not so "oh my god that person is wearing a bum bag" because sports naturally lend themselves to bum bags, ie running with your ipod / water inside. Sporty people are more typically likely to wear a bum bag so this would be a good place to start.


Now, here is a cute little number. The Chanel quilted bum bag is SO on the money. Its very much in the style of the 2.55 right down to the gold detailing. I don't know whether this is actually real or not. I found it on this cool vintage website called Decades Inc.



I would really love to get my hands on one of these, I love the signature chain waist band with the interwoven leather and the gold detailing. I only wish i could get a closer look at the zip pull.

1 comment:

Nalini said...

I love this (chanel) fanny pack like bag. if u find out where you can buy it, let me know!